At Total Optical, we offer a comprehensive dry eye evaluation to determine the type of dry eye you have, and its level of severity. This allows your optometrist to recommend the best treatment option for you. The evaluation takes one hour and involves an in-depth assessment with advanced equipment. Some of the tests that will be done during the evaluation:
- Assess your tear volume and tear evaporation using the Oculus Keratograph (See Right), to find out whether you are aqueous-deficient or have MGD, and the severity of your condition.
- Image your oil producing glands in your eyelids.
- Measurement of the quality and thickness of the oil layer of your tears.
- Assess your blinking rate and blink completeness.
- The optometrist may also measure how ‘salty’ your tears are.
The optometrist will then plan and discuss with you a treatment regimen suited to your unique condition. Unsure if you need a dry eye evaluation?